Title : Top 10 Motor Vehicle Manufacturers in the World
10. Tata Group : Tata Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It encompasses seven business sectors: communications and information technology, engineering, materials, services, energy, consumer products and chemicals. Tata Group was founded in 1868 by Jamsetji Tata as a trading company. It has operations in more than 80 countries across six continents.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Group
9. Hyundai Motor Company : The Hyundai Motor Company is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. The company was founded in 1967 and, along with its 32.8% owned subsidiary, Kia Motors, together comprise the Hyundai Motor Group, which is the world's fifth largest automaker based on annual vehicle sales in 2012.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Motor_Company
8. Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. : Nissan Motor Company Ltd is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Japan. Since 1999, Nissan has been part of the Renault–Nissan Alliance, a partnership between Nissan and French automaker Renault. As of 2013, Renault holds a 43.4% voting stake in Nissan, while Nissan holds a 15% non-voting stake in Renault. Carlos Ghosn serves as CEO of both companies.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan
7. Audi : Audi AG is a German automobile manufacturer that designs, engineers, produces, markets and distributes luxury automobiles. Audi oversees worldwide operations from its headquarters in Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Germany. Audi-branded vehicles are produced in nine production facilities worldwide.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi
6. Mercedes-Benz : Mercedes-Benz is a German automobile manufacturer, a multinational division of the German manufacturer Daimler AG. The brand is used for luxury automobiles, buses, coaches, and trucks. The headquarters of Mercedes-Benz is in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The name first appeared in 1926 under Daimler-Benz.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz
5. Honda : Honda Motor Co., Ltd. is a Japanese public multinational corporation primarily known as a manufacturer of automobiles, motorcycles and power equipment. Honda has been the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959, as well as the world's largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines measured by volume, producing more than 14 million internal combustion engines each year.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda
4. Ford Motor Company : The Ford Motor Company (commonly referred to as simply Ford) is an American multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. It was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated on June 16, 1903. The company sells automobiles and commercial vehicles under the Ford brand and most luxury cars under the Lincoln brand.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Motor_Company
3. Toyota : Toyota Motor Corporation is a Japanese automotive manufacturer headquartered in Toyota, Aichi, Japan. In March 2014 the multinational corporation consisted of 338,875 employees worldwide and, as of November 2014, is the twelfth-largest company in the world by revenue. Toyota was the largest automobile manufacturer in 2012 (by production) ahead of the Volkswagen Group and General Motors.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota
2. General Motors : General Motors Company, commonly known as GM, is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, that designs, manufactures, markets and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts and sells financial services. General Motors produces vehicles in 37 countries under thirteen brands: Alpheon, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Holden, HSV, Opel, Vauxhall, Wuling, Baojun, Jie Fang, UzDaewoo.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors
1. Volkswagen Group : Volkswagen Group and its subsidiaries, is a German multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Wolfsburg, Lower Saxony, Germany. It designs, manufactures and distributes passenger and commercial vehicles, motorcycles, engines, and turbomachinery and offers related services including financing, leasing and fleet management.
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group
Where the hell is BMW? You are clearly an american patriot, who actually thinks GM, Ford or Chevrolet produce good cars...
Go for quality not quantity!
And here my german opinion:
Jaguar, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Volvo, Land Rover...
Sorry for the offence, I was pretty much tired of people who just assume that everything that is american is bad as I been surrounding with that kind of people since I remember. So I thought wow another one. Once again, sorry.
First of all, you just did the same thing, but with European cars. All of the cars you mentioned are european.
Second of all, you must be blind or illiterate, as you clearly can't see, that this is the list of car manufacturers, not car makes. And many of the makes you mentioned are owned by foreign manufacturers whereas some others are owned by bigger european manufacturers.
Thus, Porsche, and Lamborghini are owned by VW, therefore in the video they all on the first place. Jaguar along with Volvo, and Land Rover are owned by Tata, which is Indian I think, and they're all at the tenth place. And chevy is part of GM btw. As a result we can cross out Porsche, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Volvo, and Land Rover.
And about BMW, come on, it has so much of a bad reputation among people thanks to its drivers. I would never drive BMW as people around me would instantly assume that I am a crazy, irresponsible driver who isn't equipped with indicators.
At the end, you have to update your data, as ford with its recent models of F-150 is getting quite good. Same with new Dodge Charger Hellcat that is owned by Fiat Chrysler is freaking amazing. I'm Polish btw.
Finally, I'm not saying your favorite cars are any worse or something. Most of the cars you mentioned are great as well IMO, but you just assumed that american cars are shit without any logical reason, and he only mentioned two car manufacturers among ten, not even on the top, and also considered european cars to better over american by putting vw on the top. He also mentioned Japanese cars and lots of other european but you instantly assumed he must be american patriot because he even thought about any good american manufacturer. And I assume that's you're clearly european patriot with skeptical view of america because of envy. You only see what's european and instantly cross out other cultures. Here's an opinion of a person who grew up among european people as blind as you are.
Profit profit dollars dollars...
Cars are polluting, cars are noisy, cars are destroying the nice atmosphere of my town, care destroys natural environments. Car manufacturers are lyers and cheaters... Stop bying car.. stop building cars please.
For everyone who said Henry Ford was the first car manufacturer... He was the inventor/ designer for the assembly line in 1908 and then went on to become Ford/ Cadillac. Carl Benz created a horseless steam carriage in the 1880s.
On a list containing only reliable and performing cars ignoring the price Italy would occupy 40% of the list all on the top (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti was an italian brand but i think it's considered fully french now, Maserati) with Sweden being in 1st position with their Koenigsegg however being this a list not containing supercars manufactorers germany and Japan occupy a big chunk (economic and reliable cars, not the best obviously but good for common families) already but USA reign supreme under this sector (family cars) and honestly their places are deserved
Don't understand who decided this order for this list? What is it based on? Is it all just based on a feeling? Audi is for VW what Lexus is for Toyota. Still don't know what the criteria for rankings these cars are but Lexus definitely deserves a mention if we are putting sub brands in list.
x GodZ x È croato, sono razzisti contro gli italiani da quando ci hanno rubato Istria (nonostante nessun croato abbia mai vissuto in istria prima d'allora, al massimo una minoranza slovena nell'800) è normale che dica così, e comunque le supercar italiane sono le migliori nel mondo e anche le più iconiche quindi non vedo il motivo di offenderti alle provocazioni, di un croato per giunta !